Harry C. Nelson
New York, NY
That Metal Show, New York, NY Winter 2014
- Assisted producers and crew during weekly tapings.
- Worked with live studio audience for on-air segments.
- Completed cue sheets and research for weekly show and web extras.
VH1 Original Music Production, New York, NY 2013 - 2014
INTERN, Viacom Networks
- Assisted with production of VH1’s live daily morning shows THE BIG MORNING BUZZ & THE GOSSIP TABLE.
- Logged, transcribed footage for VH1 Classic’s THAT METAL SHOW and VH1’s YOU OUTGHTA KNOW Concert.
- Served as writer’s assistant, production assistant, and editor’s assistant for VH1 Classic pilot.
SeeThink Films, Brooklyn, NY 2013
EDTIOR/INTERN, video production company
- Edited popular videos for digital interview magazine THE AVANT/GARDE DIARIES.
- Assisted various in-house projects such as the digitization of archive footage for the documentary DARKON.
- Wrote comprehensive script coverage for various film and television screenplays.
MTV Series Development, New York, NY Fall 2012
INTERN, Viacom Networks
- Assisted with production shoots in studio and on location for MTV shows and events.
- Reviewed and provided feedback on pilots and scripts in development.
Lafayette Journal and Courier, Lafayette, IN 2010 - 2011
- Primary videographer for Journal and Courier newspaper’s Purdue-centric web project.
- Filmed, edited, and uploaded original video pieces and press conferences for boilercamp.us.
Elliot Hall Of Music Productions, Purdue University, IN 2008
- Served as a grip, camera operator, for various Big Ten Network and college sporting events.
SOFTWARE: Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Garage Band, DVD Studio Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Windows XP/7/8, Mac OSX.
OFFICE & IT
Agronomy IT & Liberal Arts Departments, Purdue University 2006 - 2012
- Diagnosed and repaired computer problems for professors, graduate students and staff.
- Built, installed, maintained computer systems for Purdue's Agronomy Department as part of an IT team.
LEADERSHIP & AWARDS
Editor, “Unlocking the Truth” 2014
- Documentary short, which was in competition at SXSW film festival.
Graduate Assistant, TV Writer’s Studio, LIU Brooklyn 2012 – Present
Undergraduate Assistant, Purdue Digital Film Production Class. 2010
- Assisted students with production, also serving as finishing editor for two award winning short films.
- Provided instructor with feedback on lectures to ensure a pleasant classroom experience for all involved.
Audience Award, Purdue Digital Cinema Contest ` 2009
- Wrote, directed and edited a short film, “I Think I Fucked a Vampire,” which won this award.
Long Island University Brooklyn, Brooklyn, NY May 2014
Master of Fine Arts
Television Writing and Production
Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN August 2011 Bachelor of Arts, Film and Video Studies (FVS) Program
GRADUATE: The Writer’s Room, Screenwriting, New Media Studies
UNDERGRADUATE: Live Video Production, Advanced Video Production, Advanced Nonlinear Editing, Digital Short Filmmaking, Video News Production, Electronic and Time Based Art, Bad Films, Multimedia Writing